According to history, South Asian countries such as Japan, China, South Korea have used fermented rice water for hair growth over the decades. From some researches, it is found that Japanese women had floor-length hair in the Heian period (794 to 1185 CE) by using rice water in their bath.
- 1 What Is Fermented Rice Water?
- 2 History of Using Fermented Rice Water for Hair?
- 3 Is Fermented Rice Water Better Than Regular Rice Water?
- 4 The Key Benefits of Using Fermented Rice Water on Hair?
- 5 The others Benefits of Rice Water For Hair:
- 6 How to Make Fermented Rice Water for Hair Growth?
- 7 1.Method Of Boiled Rice Water:
- 8 How to Use Boiled Rice Water for Hair:
- 9 The Maximum Benefits Of Boiled Rice Water:
- 10 2.Method Of Using Rice Water After Fermentation :
- 11 The Procedure Of Making:
- 12 How to Use Rice Water For Hair:
- 13 Additional Tips:
- 14 The Minimum Benefits of Using Rice Water:
- 15 Final Line:
- 16 A & Q
What Is Fermented Rice Water?
Rice water is kind of a liquid that we get when we are cooking or washing rice. However, the procedure of fermentation rise the benefits of rice water to your hair follicles.
If you want to ferment the water of rice just let it be as it is till becomes slightly sour. As you know rice is a very popular staple food in South Asian countries.
It is known to all that rice water and rice water after fermentation both sounds the same but the fermentation of rice water adds more benefits to this recipe.
- Vitamin E.
- Vitamin B6
- Amino Acids; ferulic acids, malic acids, etc.
- Organic acids.
History of Using Fermented Rice Water for Hair?
From some researches, it has been found that in a Chinese village there is a caste called “Red Yao” they are popular in the name of the land of Rapunzels. Even from the Guinness Book Of Worlds Records, it has got the certification as the “World’s Longest Hair Village”.
In 800 AD, the women of the Japan Imperial Court had been known for their long and beautiful hair just because of washing hair with rice water for hair growth.
History also says that in China the women of Yao had used rice water for hair rinses and skincare products.
Is Fermented Rice Water Good For Hair Growth?
Of course, it is perfect for your healthy hair. Rice water for hair growth is super healthy to handle with your damaged hair as well as it is a good source of antioxidants that can help your hair follicle from hair strands.
Rice is such a magical element that is not only beneficial to your hair follicles but also to your skin tone.
According to the study it is claimed that rice water gets higher amounts of antioxidants when it is fermented.
It will help your hair follicles from numerous issues like split ends, damaging hair roots, hair thinning, brittle, hair strands, etc.
What Makes Fermented Rice Water Special For Your Hair Growth?
This amazing topic about hair with rice water is going to be a little blaster for all. I am going to share the idea and the benefits of rice water for hair follicles which is easy to make with brown rice and water.
The benefit of rice water after fermentation is getting the perfect level of pH to nourish your hair roots as well as your scalp. Rice water is so good for your healthy hair growth as well as helps to your damaged hair root also. It is a rich source of various nutrients which are badly in need of hair elasticity.
Don’t you like to try natural home remedies as a natural conditioner for your beautiful hair? From a long time ago, it has been using as a wonderful organic conditioner at home cure for your hair rinse as well as a skin toner.
Is Fermented Rice Water Better Than Regular Rice Water?
The benefits of plain rice water will be increased more than before if you fermented it. Rice water is becoming very popular for its benefits for healthy hair growth for many centuries.
Simply anyone can use rice water for healthy hair growth as well as a skin toner, cleanser, and other combination skin types.
In the same ways, our hair with rice water can works magically for your damaged hair care.
There is no surprise for us at all that the benefits of rice water for hair treatment are developing after fermentation is becoming more popular day by day for its enlarging advantages.
The Key Benefits of Using Fermented Rice Water on Hair?
Rice water is getting popular not just because of its benefits for hair but also for skin also. It was first used in China as a beauty product. Now it is using as a skin product all over the world. This liquid is nourished with vitamins- A, C, and E which are stimulating hair growth.
Improves Hair Growth:
Rice water contains high protein that helps in promoting hair growth. It also enriches with vitamins B, C, and D which helps your hair promotion. Regular use of rice water hair masks can improve hair growth.
Prevents Hair Loss:
Rice water helps to get the necessary protein and keratin in your hair which can help your hair growth as well as hair fall. What’s extra? Due to its nutrients, your hair will become more flexible and strong.
Repairs Hair Damages:
Protecting your hair damages is one of the benefits of rice water. Rice water is loaded with various proteins that help your hair to repair hair damages.
Decrease Split Ends:
There is nothing better than the idea of using rice water to reduce split ends. Pollution is one of the reasons for split ends. To avoid split ends soak your split ends in rice water for 15 minutes and see the results.
Add Strength In Hair Roots:
High dosages of amino acids not only promote hair growth but also provides hair strength in hair roots. Regular use of rice water on hair will add strength and elasticity.
Due to having unhealthy hair dandruff attacks your scalp. Rice water is capable of decreasing dandruff from the scalp. Rice water may reduce dandruff with regular use in washing hair.
Hair Rinse With Rice Water:
Rinse your hair with rice water after washing without using a conditioner is one of the best ideas. It will flourish your hair texture as well as promotes hair volume.
Make Your Hair Silky And Shiny:
Everybody wants to get silky, shiny, and beautiful hair. It is our dream, isn’t it? So apply rice water as a hair mask twice a week for 20 minutes and get the results from it.
The others Benefits of Rice Water For Hair:
- It will help both radiant skins as well as combination skin types.
- Rice water also use for balancing the skin pH.
- May decrease from skin cell damage.
- Rice water can fight against the signs of aging.
- Helpful as an excellent controller of excessive sebum production.
- May fade your skin tone or dark spot.
- Tightens pores and skin.
- Useful to boost collagen production.
How to Make Fermented Rice Water for Hair Growth?
The benefits of rice water are immense on hair because of the vitamins and minerals it is packed with. Ultimately, it’s high time to know that how to make rice water in the fermentation process. There is a lot of creativity in making rice water for hair.
Here are some different and easy ways on that how to make rice water for hair growth ( including the recipe of rice water for Yao Women ).
1.Method Of Boiled Rice Water:
- Measuring cup.
- Jar with lid.
- A spray bottle.
List of Ingredients:
- 1 cup of rice (you can take any type of rice).
- 3-4 cups of water.
The Procedure of Making:
- Put the rice in a pan and add more water than you use normally.
- Cook the rice for some time.
- When it is cooked strain the water in another pot.
- Let it cool before applying.
How to Use Boiled Rice Water for Hair:
- Take a bowl; put the boiled rice water into it.
- Add lavender essential oil into it for getting the best result from the liquid hair mask.
- Wash hair with shampoo and pour the rice water into your hair.
- Leave it for 5-20 minutes.
- Massage your scalp gently.
- Rinse hair with plain water thoroughly after you have done these steps.
Time: Use it at least once a week for getting a better result.
The Maximum Benefits Of Boiled Rice Water:
It will nourish your hair, repair all damages and boost up the growth of your hair. Take my opinion, rice water works great for your hair.
The Minimum Benefits Of Boiled Rice Water:
If your hair getting damaged day by day, take my words to try this simple recipe on your hair and see the results.
2.Method Of Using Rice Water After Fermentation :
- Clean jar.
- A measuring cup.
List Of Ingredients:
- 1 cup of clean rice.
- 3-4 cups of water.
- Mastered powder.
The Procedure Of Making:
- Take a jar, put the rinsed rice, and add water into it.
- Let soak the rice in the water.
- Cover the jar and let it stand at room temperature for fermentation for a minimum of 12-24 hours to set it.
- Stored it for a long time to become more concentrated.
- Strain the water and transfer it to another bowl or jar.
- Put a little amount of mustard powder into the water to make a smooth paste.
- Add 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)and 5-10 drops of mint oil (optional).
How to Use Rice Water For Hair:
- Firstly clean your hair with shampoo.
- Now apply the hair mask of rice water on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes on the scalp.
- Wash off your hair with a mild shampoo.
- The fermentation method results in a bad smell.
- To avoiding the bad smell, you can add essential oil to it.
- Clean your hair with a mild shampoo.
- To preserve the rice water, you can store it in a deep fridge.
Time: Apply this hair mask on hair regularly at least once a week.
The Maximum Benefits of Using Rice Water:
It will improve the growth rate of your hair as well as reduce hair loss.
The Minimum Benefits of Using Rice Water:
This wonderful recipe will make your hair silky naturally because you can use it as a conditioner.
The battle with hair is still going on for decades. I have tried too many different ways to know that how to take care of my hair. Nothing has surprised me like rice water treatment in my hair.
I got the best results of rice water by using it on my hair. It reduces all of my hair problems easily.
Rice is one of the most popular grains to have all over the world. Now it is becoming more famous for its benefits is contained with.
The list of benefits of fermented rice water is too long that cannot be described in one word.
Finally, I will suggest you try this easy and amazing hair treatment with rice water just one time to see the results of it.
A & Q
1. Can rice water damage your hair?
Before trying rice water treatment on hair the question that you have kept in your mind, is very smart and logical. As you already know that rice water benefits hair in different ways. But yes, the rinse of rice water definitely can dry your hair.
2.How long should rice water ferment for hair?
You can ferment the rice water for 12-24 hours and cover the jar. You also should keep it a room temperature.
3.Can I spray rice water on my hair every day?
Well, it depends on your type of hair. Applying rice water on the hair once a week is ideal but overusing this hair mask can dry your hair temporarily. From some researches, it is found that some people need more vitamins than others, in this case, they can use it a maximum of 3 times a week.
4. Can I use rice water in my hair overnight?
Sure, you can use rice water in your hair overnight. There is no scientific issue at all which shows bad news on applying rice water overnight on hair.
5. How long can I keep rice water in a spray bottle?
You can leave the rice water in the refrigerator for three days after that place it in a spray bottle.
6. Can I put rice water on dry hair?
Although there is nothing to worry about the external uses of rice water on hair, it might affect dry hair. It is not so serious but you should better avoid applying it on dry hair.